1.O little town of Bethlehem How still we see thee lie Above thy deep and dreamless sleep The silent stars go by Yet in thy dark streets shineth The everlasting Light The hopes and fears of all the years Are met in thee tonight
2. For Christ is born of Mary And gathered all above While mortals sleep, the angels keep Their watch of wondering love O morning stars together Proclaim the holy birth And praises sing to God the King And Peace to all on earth
3. How silently, how silently The wondrous gift is given! So God imparts to human hearts The blessings of her heaven. No ear may hear his coming, But in this world of sin, Where meek souls will receive him still, The dear Christ enters in.
4. O holy Child of Bethlehem Descend to us, we pray Cast out our sin and enter in Be born to us today We hear the Christmas angels The great glad tidings tell O come to us, abide with us Our Lord Emmanuel
What Child is This
1. What child is this who, laid to reston Mary’s lap is sleeping? Whom angels greet with anthems sweet, while Shepherds watch are keeping? This, this is Christ the King, whom Shepherds guard and angels sing; haste, haste to bring him laud, the babe, the son of Mary. 2. Why lies he in such mean estate where ox and ass are feeding? Good Christians, fear, for sinners here the silent Word is pleading. This, this is Christ the King whom Shepherds guard and angels sing; haste, haste to bring him laud, the babe, the son of Mary.
3. So bring him incense, gold, and myrrh, come, peasant, king, to own him; the King of kings salvation brings, let loving hearts enthrone him. This, this is Christ the King, whom Shepherds guard and angels sing; haste, haste to bring him laud, the babe, the son of Mary.
Story: Mary’s Song ~ Luke 1: 46-55
Song:Break Forth O Beauteous Heavenly Light by J.S.Bach
Story: Joseph & the Journey to Bethlehem ~Matthew 1: 8-25
Song: In the Bleak Midwinter
SOLO: 1. In the bleak midwinter, frosty wind made moan, Earth stood hard as iron, water like a stone; Snow had fallen, snow on snow, snow on snow, In the bleak midwinter, long ago.
Community: 2. Our God, Heaven cannot hold Him, nor earth sustain; Heaven and earth shall flee away when He comes to reign. In the bleak midwinter a stable place sufficed The Lord God Almighty, Jesus Christ.
3. Angels and archangels may have gathered there, Cherubim and seraphim thronged the air; But His mother only, in her maiden bliss, Worshipped the beloved with a kiss.
4. What can I give Him, poor as I am? If I were a shepherd, I would bring a lamb; If I were a Wise Man, I would do my part; Yet what I can I give Him: give my heart.
Story: The Manger ~ Luke 2:1-7
Song:I Saw Three Ships
Story: Shepherds & Angels ~Luke 2: 8-20
Song: Silent Night
1. Silent night, holy night! All is calm, all is bright. Round yon Virgin, Mother and Child. Holy infant so tender and mild, Sleep in heavenly peace, Sleep in heavenly peace
2. Silent night, holy night! Shepherds quake at the sight. Glories stream from heaven afar Heavenly hosts sing Alleluia, Christ the Savior is born! Christ the Savior is born
3. Silent night, holy night! Son of God love's pure light. Radiant beams from Thy holy face With dawn of redeeming grace, Jesus Lord, at Thy birth Jesus Lord, at Thy birth
Story: Strangers from the East & a Star ~ Matthew 2
*Song:Joy to the World
1. Joy to the world! The Lord is come; Let earth receive her king; Let every heart prepare him room, And heaven and nature sing, And heaven and nature sing, And heaven, and heaven, and nature sing.
2. Joy to the earth! the savior reigns; Let all their songs employ; While fields and floods, rocks, hills, and plains Repeat the sounding joy, Repeat the sounding joy, Repeat, repeat the sounding joy.
3. No more let sins and sorrows grow, Nor thorns infest the ground; He comes to make his blessings flow Far as the curse is found, Far as the curse is found, Far as, far as, the curse is found.
4. She rules the world with truth and grace, And makes the nations prove The glories of her righteousness, And wonders of their love, And wonders of their love, And wonders, wonders, of their love.